The lovely Amy from Flaws and All has come up with the idea of Project Perfect, where we focus on the positives about ourselves. Usually, girls are too busy fussing over what they don't like about themselves to even notice their best features, and this is what Project Perfect is about. The aim of Project Perfect is to encourage girls to embrace their flaws, pick out their best features and gain a more positive view of their self image.
1. Post a photo that you like of yourself and say in a couple of sentences why you like it.
2. State some things that you DON'T like yourself but say why others may love to be like that.
3. State 3 things that you DO like about yourself.
The reason why I like this photo
This is actually the most recent photograph of me, I took it the other day for the FOTD I just posted yesterday haha. I like how natural this photo is, when I looked at it, I remembered when I was fourteen and I wore a full coverage foundation to cover my spots and my black eyeliner would put a panda to shame. Now I am merely wearing a bit of concealer and/ or a tinted moisturiser and minimal eye make-up and I am okay with that.
Three things I DON'T like about myself, turned in to POSITIVES
1. I hate all the acne scars and hyper pigmentation on my T-zone from when I suffered from acne, but I am thankful that my skin has cleared up a lot now.
2. I think my smile is really lopsided, but I have been blessed with naturally straight teeth and people say my friendly smile is what makes me approachable, so I will smile anyway haha.
3. My eyebrows are thick and extremely unruly and hard to manage, but lately, thicker brows have become more popular; I just need to keep them shaped nicely to frame my face.
Three things I like about myself
1. My eyes. People often say I have "mysterious" eyes as they are so dark, and I am also happy that I have naturally long eyelashes.
2. Although I am still in the process of trimming all my dead ends out, my hair is in the best condition it has been in for a long time. It is also the longest it has been in a long time and I often get complimented on my natural tousled waves.
3. It has taken me a while to accept that I am not as toned after quitting dance after fourteen years but I am finally starting to embrace my petite yet womanly figure.
So there is my Project Perfect post! I would encourage you all to make one of these posts and I hope that it helps those of us with any self image issues to be more confident and embrace our flaws as those are what makes us unique :)
If you do make one of these posts, please link me to it as I would love to read it, and don't forget to send your link to Amy as she is making a list on her blog of everybody who has taken part :)